Write Now! The Book
Everyone—yes, that means every high school senior—has a story to tell. When told well, that story will reveal more to a college admissions team about who you are than all the test scores, grades or teacher recommendations combined.
Part instruction, part inspiration, Write Now! is the high school senior’s essential guide for tackling your college essays—for finding and writing your story in a clear, compelling way. Leverage the author’s 30+ year track record coaching Silicon Valley entrepreneurs, CEOs, MBA candidates and high school seniors on the art and science of finding and telling a stand-out story.
Here’s what you’ll find in Write Now!:
- Brainstorm exercises for identifying possible essay themes and moving from idea to written essay
- Tips and tools for identifying unique strengths and personal stories where you shine
- Details on navigating the five Common App prompts and triggers to determine which is best for you
- Guidance on short answers and supplemental essays including the ubiquitous “Why This School” essay
- Advice on topics to avoid and other common college essay and application missteps
- Dozens (and dozens) of tips for clear, engaging writing
- Robust editing techniques to take your essays from strong to stand-out status